[Question #198779]: Lag in data caused by query timeout

After I updated my retention rates and purged all the old data with the old retention rates, I started seeing a lag in my data. I did a little research and found this question:

Wherein someone seems to suffer from the same problem. It's marked as Answered, but there is no answer written...

The primary exception I am seeing is:

Tue May 29 09:21:08 2012 :: Exception Caught
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 229, in fetchData
    cachedResults = CarbonLink.query(dbFile.real_metric)
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 135, in query
    results = self.send_request(request)
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 161, in send_request
    result = self.recv_response(conn)
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 173, in recv_response
    len_prefix = recv_exactly(conn, 4)
  File "/opt/graphite/webapp/graphite/render/datalib.py", line 186, in recv_exactly
    data = conn.recv( num_bytes - len(buf) )
timeout: timed out

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Jesse