Re: [Question #175552]: stats data started to be much behind after updating to 0.9.9

Adam Mitchell posted a new comment:
I am seeing the same thing in my fresh installation.  The query.log file
shows short metric names.  Even under the built-in 'carbon' metrics, the
first few characters of the metric name are missing:  "carbon.agents.ec"
is missing in the example below.  I'm masking the example to hide my
hostname, but you get the idea:

29/05/2012 14:03:29 :: [127.0.0.1:38171] cache query for "x-xx-xxx-xxx-xx_compute-1_amazonaws_com-a.cache.size" returned 0 values

Should be:  "carbon.agents.ecx-xx-xxx-xxx-xx_compute-1_amazonaws_com-a.cache.size"

The charts lag behind for 20 minutes and then they catch up and render
all the missing points all at once.

Any ideas what's going on here?  I'm guessing it must finally get the
query right without truncating the metric name and that's when it
catches up.