Re: [Question #199769]: carbon-aggregator.py not aggregating.

vimau posted a new comment:
Hi Michael,

Sorry for the confusion, but my doubt is. If i want both the aggregated
and non-aggregated metrics of the same name, how can i configure.

eg,
a.b.c.SERVER1.d
a.b.c.SERVER2.d
a.b.c.SERVERn.d

are the incoming metrics.

Now I want the total metrics of type 'd' from all the servers AND ALSO
the individual metrics.

ie, my aggregation rule should have "a.b.c.all.d (60) = sum a.b.c.*.d "
to get the metrics aggregated. Now since this metric name is a match for
all the above metrics, aggregation will happen, but the individual
metrics will never pass through (as you have explained in comment#3). My
requirement is, i need both the individual metrics and aggregated
metrics of same name.

One work around i am using now is, i am not using carbon-aggregator and
thus passing all the individual metrics as is to carbon-cache and is
taking the help of 'graphite' to do a sum(a.b.c.*d) and plotting it. Is
this the right approach?

Sorry for the trouble :-)

-vm