[Question #200730]: Protecting dashboards from users

Graphite users may be novices and could easily delete, re-arrange dashboards that were created.

I understand some of the original intent to have Graphite not deal with user classes (public, user, admin), I use public in a general way to describe users that do not have write access, but could still be authorized by another external mechanism.

Lets be honest, that's baloney. There will always be a need for user classes, if simply to help users and administrators jobs.

I understand also, that picle and raw sockets are not the safest means of communicating. My questions is more on the usability standpoint and not really from a security/interity standpoint.

Is there a means to protect some dashboards so that they are read-only. So users can clone them if they wish, but only admins could modify them.

I think Graphite is great from a number of standpoints, but this to me is a big sticking point.

Cheers,

Francois