Re: [Question #201667]: URL for a complete Graphite Composer experience

Steve Keller posted a new comment:
Thanks David.

This works - kind of... If I use a single metric target or multiple
targets, it will work.  If I use a target with a wildcard (which we do a
lot) ... I get the No Data screen.

I THINK this might be related to the composer not being able to digest
wildcards anymore.  In 0.9.6, I can go into the data window, and change
one of the areas of a single metric to a '*' to pick up a  bunch of
hosts with similar names.  Since 0.9.9, this doesn't work.

Jason, I just spent 20 minutes browsing your Unhelpful Graphite Tips.
Actually, they are really helpful :)  And a couple of them I already
knew, specifically Nos. 7 and 10.

Thanks, I'm not sure how I would deal with this tip in this context, but
I'll play around with it.  I'm not a Javascript person, so I'm not sure
how I could get that stuff into a link in a totally different page.  But
I know people who are .... :)

Thanks to you both, I'm sure we'll get there.  Maybe I should file a bug
about the composer wildcard issue.