Re: [Question #201594]: Windows installation

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
chrismd (chrismd) said on 2011-11-04:

It is probably still possible to run on windows with cygwin, though I'm
sure compiling all the deps is still a pain in the ass. Running natively
would definitely require some patches. I'm honestly not sure how much
effort that would take. I'd love to have someone contribute and help
maintain windows support, but unfortunately I have pretty much zero
windows development knowledge (and no way to test) so I wouldn't be able
to help much with the platform-specific stuff.

Short answer: you'd need to patch Graphite to work on Windows.