Re: [Question #197604]: process for scaling horizontally

Gerhard Lazu requested more information:
Michael,  thank you for a great reply.

I'm in the process of setting up a graphite cluster on EC2, our
bottleneck is EBS I/O. My plan is to provision 2**n 10GB EBS volumes
(one per carbon-cache instance) and have them all loaded onto an
m1.large.

How many carbon-cache instances would you say are optimal for an
m1.large instance?

Would it be straightforward to add extra carbon-caches to expand total
carbon storage? I would like to go with consistent-hashing, not a big
fan of manual sharding.

Cheers!