Re: [Question #191085]: Data not being rendered on the front end.Facing issues

Ade Rixon posted a new comment:
I'm seeing somewhat similar behaviour with a subset of hosts logging via
collectd and the collectd-carbon plugin. Checking the whisper database
files with whisper-fetch.py shows that values are being entered, but the
graphs are coming up blank. If I try to load the URL directly, I get an
empty GIF. If I append "format=raw" to the URL, I still get an empty
GIF.

The only common factor I can see between all the non-working hosts is
that they all have a name that, when translated from the FQDN by
collectd-carbon, contains three underscores, in the form:

shortname_xx_ad_local

Those hosts with working graphs have names containing either fewer
underscores or none. Is there some odd matching or parsing happening
with the metric names here?

I've tried deleting some of the whisper files and letting Graphite re-
create them, but the result is the same.