[Question #205821]: Plot metrics in the future

Hi,

I am currently running Graphite 0.9.9 and utilising the new timeShift functionality.

I have been asked to configure a graph to show the current day (00:00-23:59) containing a metric for the today and the previous week.  I've been able to achieve this by commented out 1 statement within the whisper.py file:

Line 660 >  #if untilTime > now:
Line 661 >  #  untilTime = now

This allows be to select a %from attribute of 00:00, &until attribute of 23:59 which will display the current days metric (so far) and the previous weeks metric for the entire day.

Is there any reason why the untilTime is overwritten with ‘now’ whenever untilTime is in the future or was this simply designed before the timeShift functionality.

Many thanks,