[Question #206711]: Graph and display monthly data

I'm trying to store and graph a metric that only gets set once a month (I'm loading data in on the 15th of each month - e.g. 1/15/2012, 2/15/2012, 3/15/2012).

I've set the retention policy to retentions = 30d:365d

How do I get my graphite graphs to display only at a monthly granularity? What I'd like on the x-axis is just months (or at a minimum only display the date that the data was entered). However, depending on the width of the graph I see multiple dates (e.g. if the width is 1800 pixels I see a date for each week; at 1000 pixels I see a date every 12 days or so).

Ideally what I'd like is a display something like what graphlot shows where the name of the month only is displayed.

The other odd thing is that the graph actually appears to be showing data points a few days off. For example, I'm loading data in on the 15th of each month - e.g. 1/15/2012, 2/15/2012, 3/15/2012. Yet on the graph, these data appear about 3 days later (e.g. the peak comes on 1/18 not 1/15 and 3/21 not 3/15

Thanks for any insight!
-Kevin

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?