Re: [Question #207507]: syntax error from amqp_listener.py

Alon,

You'll have to launch the entire carbon daemon using Python2.6 to get this
to work.

Often, when packagers provide things like python 2.6, they don't replace
the system python, but rather provide a side version of python that can be
used by calling it directly; for example, on my Mac, I have a few versions
of python installed:

[bhatfield@bhatfield-mac ~]$ python [TAB][TAB]
python            python2-config    python2.6         python2.7-config
pythonw2.5
python-config     python2.5         python2.6-config  pythonw
pythonw2.6
python2           python2.5-config  python2.7         pythonw2
pythonw2.7

I am not sure the precise name of python2.6 on your system, the maintainer
can name it however they'd like.

Please also note that any dependencies that you installed for Python on 2.4
will also need to be installed for 2.6 - they don't share them when
installed side-by-side in this manner.

Good luck,
Brian