Re: [Question #205774]: exceptions.TypeError: must be encoded string without NULL bytes, not str

Mike Wylie gave more information on the question:
I'm back from my holiday and working on this problem again.

I implemented the above logging which gave me some confusing results.  The log message clearly shows some bad characters in the directory name:
¬ítúuk.test.wlst.jvm.AdminServer.usedjvm
The text should start with "uk".  However, I had shutdown carbon, restarted it and left it running for a while, then sent some values, but not the value above.

Basically the log files were clean for a few hours, then  started
getting this error for a metric I hadn't sent.

There was also an error for a metric I had sent, but I'm not sure if that's related:
¬ítQàuk.test.wlst.jdbc.com_bluemartini_dbpool_OneTouch_search.WaitingForConnectionCurrentCount

I also log all the metrics to a test file at the same time as sending to
graphite, these bad characters do not exist in the log file.

So I have 2 questions.
1) Is there a file of cached values I need to clear out, before running my tests
2) Is there some way anyone can see how I get these bad characters in the metric names?

Many thanks