Re: [Question #181041]: integrating graphite and javasimon

Steve Keller posted a new comment:
You will need to add a custom script into Nagios as a performance data
handler.  You will also have to enable performance data processing.

Read this description of how to enable nagiosgraph:
http://nagiosgraph.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/nagiosgraph/trunk/nagiosgraph/README.html#configuring_data_processing

Instead of using the nagiosgraph script (insert.pl), use your own script
to insert data to Graphite.  Or, if you are already using nagiosgraph,
use a shell script to call both processes, which ensures that you get
RRD files in Nagios and also send the data to carbon.  I recommend the
batch processing approach.

In our Nagios based installation (we actually use Opsview), we send
300-400 data points to carbon every 10 seconds or so, from each Opsview
master server.  This works very well in our environment.