Re: [Question #210952]: Multiple Carbon caches on one host

Description changed to:
We are upgrading to 0.9.10.   We are trying to take advantage of having
multiple caches running on that box.  The behavior we are seeing is that
one carbon cache seems semi-stable and the other the cache grows until
it tops out.  I assumed that one of the cache's was using all the disk
IO and starving the other from being able to write.  There is also a
relay on the box that uses rules to target each cache so there won't be
any contention for the same files.  To try to fix the issue I divided
the MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND and MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE by the number of
caches we are trying to run.   They were 250 and 60 respectively.

As you can see from these graphs we have approximately the same amount
going to the 2 caches but for some reason the 'a' cache just seems to
grow.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/1c5SA.png[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/xfa8E.png[/IMG]

Here are the settings we currently have for the cache.

[cache:a]
LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2003
PICKLE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2004
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 125