Re: [Question #212119]: does carbon support ssl?

I'm not sure if it's implemented in carbon currently, but carbon uses
Twisted for it's communication layer. Twisted has some form of SSL support,
which you can find here:
http://twistedmatrix.com/documents/current/core/howto/ssl.html

I'm not sure what the effort required to provide an SSL endpoint
cross-carbon is, but you'd also have to build up your sending daemons to
use SSL as well.

Not a bad idea at all, though you'd want to be weary of the connection
build-up penalties at scale; and maintain persistent connections to the
daemon where possible.

Brian