[Question #212883]: Graphite tree and index file

Since upgrading from 0.9.8 to 0.9.10 the tree in the graphite web interface has been timing out and not loading.  After verifying that all permissions are correct and httpd is running as proper user etc. the problem persisted.  We have a script generating the index file which includes a number of links etc.  This was working fine in 0.9.8,  the index file is 52 MB and has 841337 lines ( on the box in question).  This index only has the metrics local to the box.  After moving the index file and restarting httpd there is a new 0 byte file in place and we no longer have the problem with the webui tree not populating.   Did the format of the index file perhaps change between 0.9.8 and 0.9.10?  All the logs seem to indicate it loads correctly but it makes the web UI unusable.

For now we have disabled the cron that auto generates the index file.

Thanks!