[Question #213032]: Scripts to re-synchronize carbon-caches if a node goes down?

So, I'm reading this article: http://www.aosabook.org/en/graphite.html

…and it says (with regards to carbon-relay), "If a server goes down temporarily, it will be missing the data points for the time period in which it was down but otherwise function normally. There are administrative scripts that leave control of the re-synchronization process in the hands of the system administrator."

What are these scripts and where can I find them?  I don't see anything resembling a re-sync script distributed with carbon.