Re: [Question #212303]: Graphite I/O Too Slow

Nicholas Leskiw proposed the following answer:
You could pipe the find command to xargs like this:

find . -name '*.wsp' | xargs -P10 -n1 -I'{}'
/usr/local/bin/whisper-resize.py --nobackup {} 1m:1d

REPLACE 1m:1d with your retention rates and add any addition aggregation
method / xFilesFactor changes before the '{}'.

This will keep 10 threads running.

As far as shutting down carbon, it *shouldn't* cause an issue but it might
cause a few problems.  I've done small changes (~10000 files) without
shutting down carbon and ended up with 2-3 corrupt whisper files. Had to
delete them, they were non-recoverable. Not sure if that was issues with
leaving carbon up or some sort of bug / issues with whisper-resize.py
YMMV. If the cost of leaving carbon down > losing a few metrics, then don't
shut it down.

-Nick