[Question #215188]: Correcting historic data

We have been recording two sets of statistics from two applications for some time.

The statistics record the length of time an operation took.
Application one submitted the interval in fractional seconds, application two submitted the interval in milliseconds.
This made it difficult to compare the performance of the two applications without the use of functions.

We are about to issue a fix to application two to resolve the discrepancy and would like to post fix the historical data.

How would this be accomplished?
Does a tool already exist? We've looked around but not seen anything with the functionality we require.

Initially we plan on moving the existing Whisper databases out of the way and letting the new metrics create new databases.
We then proposed to use a combination of the methods used in whisper_dump.py and whisper_update.py to read the backup database archives, apply the conversion and store to new database.

Do you have any advice or cautions to the above approach?
Looking at the way update calls __propagate would it be sensible to read the archives from lowest precision to highest precision?

Your advice really appreciated.