Re: [Question #214631]: Hardware specs for carbons

FRLinux gave more information on the question:
Trial and error is something I am _very_ familiar with. You said you use
a custom process feeder. How do you close the socket and start
buffering, any open source component there?

I have tested with whisper-flush but the results so far are actually
worse. I will be testing some more soon and hope to come up with some
proper benchmarking for this.

I found that carbon caches usually fill in my case up to 40.000 metrics
then sit there for an hour before writing anything back to disk
(flushing).

I am using a load balancer so the exact same amount of metrics is
usually sent.

I am getting curious about spawning many more carbons, will try that
over the next few days and report.

Thanks again.