[Question #215499]: Getting the cumulative() function as default behavior

Is it possible to apply the cumulative() function to some of my data automatically?

My question is very similar to this one: https://answers.launchpad.net/graphite/+question/161034

In the first answer, chrismd says:

> No what is probably happening is that you're looking at a graph with more datapoints than pixels, which forces Graphite to aggregate the datapoints. The default aggregation method is averaging, but you can change it to summing by applying the cumulative() function to your metrics.

Is there anyway to get this cumulative() behavior by default?

I've modified my storage-aggregation.conf to use 'aggregationMethod = sum', but I believe this is for historical data and not for data that's displayed in the UI.

When I apply cumulative() everything is perfect, I'm just wondering if there's a way to get this behavior by default.