Re: [Question #216675]: carbon-cache memory endlessly increases

Description changed to:
We've got the following setup on one server:

* 1x carbon-relay
* 3x carbon-caches behind the relay with consistent-hashing set

So when we start up the relay & 3 caches, memory usage isn't too bad and
all the caches use approximately the same amount of memory and the cache
size is roughly the same as well. But after a period of time, one or two
(but not all) of the carbon-caches blow out in memory usage and the
system starts tanking.

http://imgur.com/ZgGtT
http://imgur.com/Y8qbP

The weird part is that watching IO for each carbon-cache, it seems like
at the moment, one of the caches (the one with the lowest memory usage)
is starving the other two for IO. Is there any way of tuning things so
that one carbon-cache doesn't starve the others for IO?

Currently I've got:

MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 500
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 400

Would tuning those values down help? How can I be sure that the IOs can
be shared evenly? Is that at all possible?