Re: [Question #178316]: How will relay behave if the storage server(s) become unavailable?

bhardy posted a new comment:
I know this is a dated post but below are some facts I have come across
regarding carbon-relay setup in its default manner.   I hope this saves
times and helps you plan your setup.

--The MAX_QUEUE_SIZE setting in carbon.conf for relay is per destination.
--If one of the destinations becomes unresponsive(network down,full cache, etc) AND the queue fills up for that single destination, carbon-relay will stop sending to ALL destinations.
--The greater the volume going thru a relay with complex regExs in relay-rules.conf, the higher the CPU will rise until it reaches 100% and causes issues.