[Question #218577]: Alternate Backend Datastore options?

Hello:

We are, for various reasons, unable to use Carbon or Whisper as a datastore.

Has anyone created the requisite finders/readers/storage modifications to support either a relational DB or a no-SQL database as a backend datastore?

I'm trying to write one now, and the primary issue is that I have a collection I have of data points that are NOT in Graphite's expected array-format.

That is, I have collected data in a [ (datapoint1, timestamp1), (datapoint2, timestamp2), ...] format.  I have to translate this into something Graphite will handle, that is cycle=n seconds, start at time y, then data=[datapoint1, datapoint2, datapoint3, ...].

Wondering if anyone else has already done this work or if I'm just the poor clod who has to march once more unto the breach...

-- Kevin