[Question #218643]: Finders __init__ called during every request

Hello:

I'm seeing that the finders.py class (in my case, my CustomFinder) has its __init__ method called before every request.  This adds time, specifically due to complexity in that init method around connecting to a database.

I'd like to pre-start a couple of instances of finder (that is, have them already __init__'d and waiting for a request).

Is this possible?