Re: [Question #218688]: Graphite derivative() - lower precision graphs

Graphite averages by default when rolling up data into lower precision.  If you want to change that behavior, a) use the whisper-resize.py (there may be another one that does it easier, on a mobile cant check) to edit the existing files AND b) edit storage-aggregation.conf to sum those metrics that are counts.  (Much like storage-schemas.conf)

It was originally 'avg' because graphite was used primarily for latency tracking -  doesn't make sense to sum latencies.

-Nick