Re: [Question #218768]: events log

Carolyn Bray is still having a problem:
Esty's solution is good if I only have one event that I want to monitor.  We have multiple servers, software updates on different servers at different times, outages on different systems or even 3rd party outages that we need to identify separately.  Ours is a complex system with many different functions/features.  From the Etsy solution, it appears that 1) we'd have lots of event databases to try to differentiate the data events 2) we could not have an event that isn't momentary - so trying to track an outage that last hours would be impossible.
The current solution we have is a basic timeline that can handle multiple events and do points (displayed as large dots) for the instantaeous and lines linking the dots for a particular "event".  So, each event is given a start/stop time.  those times are identical for instananeous events and different for long events.