[Question #219015]: All graphs from diamond metrics empty for periods longer than 1 day ago.

I'm sending system metrics to graphite using diamond (https://github.com/BrightcoveOS/Diamond) which prefixes all keys with `system.`

I have the following storage schemas defined:

{{{
[performance]
priority = 100
pattern = ^performance\.
retentions = 10s:7d,1m:60d,15m:5y

[system]
priority = 100
pattern = ^system\.
retentions = 10s:1d,1m:30d,15m:1y

[benchmark]
priority = 100
pattern = ^benchmark\.
retentions = 5s:3d,1m:7d

[default]
pattern = .*
retentions = 1m:1d,15m:30d
}}}

I can perfectly display all metrics from within the last 24 hours, but as soon as I try to plot data from a period that would contain data points older than 24 hours I get just empty plots.

In the case of metrics prefixed with `performance.` which come from my application I do not suffer such issues and I can render all metrics ever collected. This really just concerns the metrics from diamond.

I'm using graphite 0.9.10 and diamond 3.2.

Any help with this strange issue would be very much appreciated!