Re: [Question #221222]: Summing-up data points in first retention type, not just lower-precision retentions

Description changed to:
Hi,
I'm trying to count events (such as logins etc.) - data that should be summed-up in buckets, not averaged.

Seems that aggregationMethod is in effect when moving data to lower-
precision buckets, however the buckets of the first type of retention
always hold average data (if I send multiple stats during the time
interval of the bucket) - or is data actually being replaced?

If, for exmaple, my schema is set to 10s:10m,1m:1y and aggregation is -
sum, the 10s buckets would always contain average data.

This is in line with the docs, but IMHO is a kind of inconsistent state, as some buckets hold average data and some summarized data.
Also, I'm practically not sure what's the best way to handle such counts.

Please advise...
Thanks,
Elad