Re: [Question #222409]: Graphite UI - Asterisk has appeared out of nowhere

Description changed to:
Hello,

A day or two after setting up my fourth graphite installation, a new
item showed up at the the top level in the dashboard javascript
navigation menu. The node label is an asterisk character, and when its
expanded what one would see is the same list one would see at the top-
most level, verily a mirror copy of what is at the top-most level,
rendered recursively below the asterisk.

I have a separate graphite server for each internal environment, I used
the same procedure and same carbon/whisper/graphite versions (0.9.9).

The node-globbing seems useful, because with a single click I'm able to
bring up a graph that has all the subordinate metrics added to it, but I
want to make sure its not some kind of misconfiguration or bug. I want
to understand it.

Can anyone tell me where this came from?
Is this a bug or some clever feature I turned on somehow?