[Question #225435]: Data not displaying in Graphite

I am new to graphite and am trying to get it up and running on my Mac.  I have worked through several installation guides and blogs to get all the components installed.  However, I am still not seeing any data in the Graphite Dashboard.

When I ran my statsd code, I do see items being created in the opt/graphite/storage/whisper/stats folder.  There are test2, test3, etc folders (which is the name of my statsd counters in my testApp).

However, when I run the graphite server, I am seeing no data.  I initially see the Graphite and User Graphs folders, but when I click on them...there is nothing in them.

I was getting some permission issues in my carbon log so I just granted everyone permission at the whisper root level (just to get it working).  However, now when I create a new statsd counter (say test5) it will create the wsp file in the opt/graphite/storage/whisper/stats folder however in the carbon log i do see the following error

29/03/2013 11:59:49 :: "[Errno 17] File exists: '/opt/graphite/storage/whisper/stats/test5/increment'"
29/03/2013 11:59:49 :: "[Errno 17] File exists: '/opt/graphite/storage/whisper/stats_counts/test5/increment'"

so this may still be some sort of permission issues.  What permissions should be applied to the /opt/graphite folder and the main ones below it?

Or any other insight would be helpful.

Thanks,
Dan