[Question #226824]: Is there any program already written to backfill data from RRDs to Caron/Whisper?

We started using Ganglia with RRDs from a year ago to gather metrics from our HBase clusters... However now we're planning to move to Graphite...

I know I can use the symbolic links to graph old RRDs and I've already looked at the Graphite Integration plugin (and now we're using the builtin Graphite integration in Ganglia 3.5 ) but we want to avoid having two sets of metrics.. one old and one new.. As you can understand having two sets of metrics will create a lot more work when it comes to alerts and dashboards...

so we're looking at backfilling the data from our RRDs into carbon/whisper..

Is there an easy way to do this or we'll pretty much have to write a program to read the data from RRDs and then backfill data into whisper? Is there a plugin or program already written to do that?  I did a quick search but didn't see anything.. I'm thinking we're not the only ones who have come across of this issue..