[Question #227319]: carbon-cache behind F5 BigIp Load Balancer

I'm in the process of scaling out a very small (and very overburdened) graphite install. We've decided to put it beind out F5 BigIp load balancer, partially to make use of the source address affinity load balancing (sending metrics from the same source host to the same carbon-cache instance) and partly for a smoother migration path.

I originally was plagued by TCP connection resets. I seem to have solved that problem, but am now seeing insanely high times when doing a simple "echo metric.name 2 `date +%s`" | graphite.example.com 2003

... on the range of 0.013s direct to the host and 12.6s through the LB.

I was wondering if anyone else has graphite running through an F5, and can recommend some tuning or other pointers to get things working correctly?

Thanks,
Jason Antman