[Question #227653]: diffSeries on timeShift interprets leading 'None' as zero

I'm using 0.9-10, and am new to Graphite.

Metric X is sampled every 5 minutes.
When I use this:  diffSeries(X, timeShift(X, "60min")), the final 60 minutes is plotted as though the timeShifted series has 60 minutes of zeros at the end. I tried using keepLastValue with diffSeries(X, keepLastValue(timeShift(X, "60min"))). This came out even weirder.

It seems like keepLastValue should work here? Shouldn't timeShift have a policy for the missing samples?

Thanks!