[Question #228215]: Multiple Updates to the same metric per second

Hi,

I'd really appreciate an answer which also points out if I'm making a wrong assumption somewhere.

I'm setting up Graphite to display graphs of metrics like number of calls to a function, response time of a particular function, and in general, to record metrics related to my classes and the performance of their functions.

My main concern is whether Graphite is the right tool for this and if it can record multiple requests to the same function in the same time slice (so if functionA() is called 100 times in 1 second, will it record the fact that it was called 100 times or will it only record 1 update to that metric)? Am I supposed to be looking at this from a completely different angle?

This is my first time with Graphite so please forgive my airheadedness.

Thank you