[Question #228472]: DESTINATIONS vs CARBONLINK_HOSTS in a cluster

Using 0.9.10,
We'd like to use a setup with multiple hosts each containing multiple carbon-relay and carbon-cache instances using consistent-hashing.
The guidance in the config files is a bit confusing given the desired state of things.
carbon.conf guidance is to put all cache instances on all IPs in DESTINATIONS.
The conflict arises because it guides us to match DESTINATIONS and CARBONLINK_HOSTS, BUT ALSO says not to put remote cache instances in CARBONLINK_HOSTS.

So I guess it comes down to - does graphite-web use consistent-hashing to carefully pick its carbon-cache to query - or does it just iterate through CARBONLINK_HOSTS until it finds what it wants?

If graphite-web is using consistent-hashing:
a.) Cool
b.) Id' suspect we want all the destinations in CARBONLINK_HOSTS so we don't get different consistent-hashing results vs DESTINATIONS
c.) Is it smart enough to simply limit to local instances when deciding what to ask?

If not - this is much simpler - just list all and only the local cache instances and it will simply iterate until one has the metric.