[Question #231021]: Carbon writing to root directory?

Hi All,

I've got a working Graphite 0.9.10 setup, but am seeing something weird.  Most of my metrics happily write to subdirectories of /app/graphite/storage/whisper - as you'd expect.  However, a subset of metrics are being written to the root directory ("/").  Anyone have any idea what could cause such a problem?

I was originally running carbon-cache as root - I discovered this problem as part of migrating it to a non-privileged user - it now logs a lot of errors due to lack of permissions..

Thanks