[Question #232244]: Remote Reading of RRD

Hi I was going through the release notes of webapp version 0.9.10  which says "Fix reading of Gzip’d whisper files and remote reading of RRDs". I am just wondering if some explains the meaning of "remote reading of RRDs ?"  I tried goggling but no luck.

The meaning I am deriving From the term Is `webapp can read the rrd files from the remote server` , is this true ? If yes how ?

I am using Graphite 0.9.10 ( only webapp )  to graph the rrd's which was collected by Check_MK (pnp4nagios) and I am manually rsyncing those rrd's to the graphite server  at the location /opt/graphite/storage/rrd/.

The setup works perfect ) but I am just curious if graphite webapp can read the remote rrd's from my check_mk server I can get rid of rsyncing those rrd's.

Juned Memon