[Question #234811]: showing interface stats in bits-per-second

Hi there,

is there any way to show interface statistics in bits-per-second?
I am also trying to figure out how to do replacement in the interface name where if_octets becomes bytes.  Clues please?

here are my rewrite rules.  I restarted the carbon server and carbon-writer but the replacement of the header is still not showing up in the charts.  What else do I need to do?

Cheers

---- snip ---

:/opt/graphite/conf$ cat  rewrite-rules.conf
# This file defines regular expression patterns that can be used to
# rewrite metric names in a search & replace fashion. It consists of two
# sections, [pre] and [post]. The rules in the pre section are applied to
# metric names as soon as they are received. The post rules are applied
# after aggregation has taken place.
#
# The general form of each rule is as follows:
#
# regex-pattern = replacement-text

[pre]
\.if_errors\. = .errors.
\.if_octets\. = .bytes.
\.if_packets\. = .packets.

#
# For example:
#
# [post]
# _sum$ =
# _avg$ =
#
# These rules would strip off a suffix of _sum or _avg from any metric names
# after aggregation.