[Question #237196]: Change Graphite Composer default recent timeframe?

I'd like to know how to change the default timerange on the Graphite Composer. The default value is 24hours & I'd like to change it to something like 30minutes. The first place that I thought to look was changing this (below) in composer.js

    if (!from) { // No time interval specified, use the default
      timeInfo.mode = 'recent';
      timeInfo.quantity = '24';
      timeInfo.units = 'hours';
    }

to default values that I'd want. However, changing these values appears to change nothing. I've tried digging a little deeper into this, but python & javascript aren't my primary languages & I'm finding myself getting lost in the code.

Any suggestions?