[Question #239480]: cat 27-million-metrics | nc my.graphite 2003 misses entries

I've got a file with 27 million metrics I'd like to feed to my carbon the plaintext way, i.e.

cat 27-million-metrics | nc my.graphite.server 2003

As soon as this is over I check under the Graphite tree on the web front-end of Graphite and it seems to be missing a lot of metrics. If I then do

cat 27-million-metrics | grep 'missing.entries' | nc my.graphite.server 2003

it *looks* like its fine.

Am I doing something wrong?

(I've set up my server using the gist in https://gist.github.com/jgeurts/3112065 but with Twisted version 11.1.0)