[Question #239710]: [Carbon] The Lock in lib/carbon/cache.py gone away then come back

I'm trying to understand carbon at code level, when I go throught lib/carbon/cache.py, I found a weird problem.

In this commit https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/commit/2ea485bbc7435e92670cec7626f3f85ef888c0f4
which is current version ot cache.py and the code contains Lock() relate code.

this commit has two parents, then go for https://github.com/graphite-project/carbon/commit/bd7e4d1df9200044ea380f81d3d7b585cab07df4

it show that Lock relate code is removed by that commit.

So how the latest code still have Lock code? and what happened to that commit? would cache need Lock or not?

Thanks!