[Question #241496]: Memory Usage/issues with Graphite

Hi

I have already spent many days on this I can only see how the memory vanishes in a few hours and eventually I cannot use the Web GUI as it does not longer work given carbon has literally eaten all the system resources..

So now I basically got 3 cache servers with the following configuration:

------------

[cache]
USER =

LINE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
PICKLE_RECEIVER_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0
CACHE_QUERY_INTERFACE = 0.0.0.0

[cache:a]
MAX_CACHE_SIZE = 10000000
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 1000
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 50

LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2013
PICKLE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2014
CACHE_QUERY_PORT = 7101

USE_INSECURE_UNPICKLER = False
USE_FLOW_CONTROL = False
LOG_UPDATES = False
WHISPER_AUTOFLUSH = False
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND_ON_SHUTDOWN = 1500

# To configure special settings for the carbon-cache instance 'b', uncomment this:
[cache:b]
MAX_CACHE_SIZE = 10000000
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 1000
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 50

LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2023
PICKLE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2024
CACHE_QUERY_PORT = 7102

USE_INSECURE_UNPICKLER = False
USE_FLOW_CONTROL = False
LOG_UPDATES = False
WHISPER_AUTOFLUSH = False
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND_ON_SHUTDOWN = 1500

[cache:c]
MAX_CACHE_SIZE = 10000000
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 1000
MAX_CREATES_PER_MINUTE = 50

LINE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2033
PICKLE_RECEIVER_PORT = 2034
CACHE_QUERY_PORT = 7103

USE_INSECURE_UNPICKLER = False
USE_FLOW_CONTROL = False
LOG_UPDATES = False
WHISPER_AUTOFLUSH = False
MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND_ON_SHUTDOWN = 1500

This is a dedicated machine with 32 Gbs of RAM.

For any chance, is it possible to actually limit the memory usage without stopping the connections at all?
If I limit the Cache_size and I got USE_FLOW_CONTROL as True it will stop getting more data until some resources get free and if Unlimited it will eventually exhaust the system resources..

iostats for that device as follows:

Device:            tps   Blk_read/s   Blk_wrtn/s   Blk_read   Blk_wrtn
dm-0           1344.95       766.45     10407.15 3266714538 44356963504

Any Tips?

Thanks very much