[Question #241518]: The whisper db format docs is confusing regarding retention vs resolution

I want to make sure I understand this document correctly: http://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/1.0/whisper.html
I think there's a misleading typo in one of the sentences.

Specifically, in the section "Multi-Archive Storage and Retrieval Behavior", the following sentence:

The data point will be written to the lowest resolution archive as-is, and will be aggregated by the configured aggregation method (see Rollup Aggregation) and placed into each of the higher-retention archives.

I think the sentence should read

The data point will be written to the lowest *retention* archive as-is, and will be aggregated by the configured aggregation method (see Rollup Aggregation) and placed into each of the higher-retention archives.

I'd like to be told if I'm right or not, and if I'm wrong, I'd like to be explained why this sentence is correct.