[Question #245364]: Whisper database is empty, can't update

I have installed graphite with carbon and whisper as decribed here: http://graphite.wikidot.com/installation. I have a range of servers sending data via diamond, but no data is getting into the whisper database. If I try to fetch data from a random element:
/usr/local/src/whisper-0.9.12/bin/whisper-fetch.py /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/servers/server1/cpu/total/guest.wsp
the result is this:
1394614380      None
1394614440      None
1394614500      None
1394614560      None
1394614620      None
1394614680      None
if I try to update data
sudo /usr/local/src/whisper-0.9.12/bin/whisper-update.py /opt/graphite/storage/whisper/servers/server1/cpu/total/guest.wsp 1394614680:2
It still doesn´t show up in the database. What am I doing wrong?

Regards, Jesper