[Question #246083]: 'sum' aggregationMethod for metric not working

I'm trying to store a count of logins for a given user.  My metric name is logins.user1.count.
I have a process that will send logins.user1.count 1 $EPOCHTIME every time it sees a login attempt in the server logs. The counter of the metric seems to be stuck on 1.

I also have in storage-aggreagation.conf
[sum]
pattern = \.count$
xFilesFactor = 0
aggregationMethod = sum

# whisper-info.py ........../count.wsp | grep aggregationMethod
aggregationMethod: sum

Thanks,

Sadek