Re: [Question #246005]: Dataset filled with nulls?

Lisa confirmed that the question is solved:
The more I figure this out on my own, the more I conclude that the
documentation could have been a huge help here.

>From reading the graphite documentation pretty carefully but not
necessarily every page of it, I was left with the impression that
something was wrong with my site or its data.  I read
https://graphite.readthedocs.org/en/1.0/url-api.html carefully, and
looked at the data I'd sent to Graphite, and it didn't look at all
similar -- I was seeing nulls every 60 seconds, with the occasional non-
null values (e.g. every hour).  Plus this made it hard to figure out how
to graph the data in a way that looked decent.  With the graphing not
looking very sensible, and the data looking worse, I ended up spending a
lot of time looking for problems earlier up the process, when in fact
the major thing I needed to change was the mental model I'd been given
through reading the introductory documentation.