[Question #246639]: Latest datapoints missing in graph

Greetings,

 I am facing strange behaviour  of Graphite infrastructure - there are latest datapoints missing from graphs.

My infrastructure contains:
a) 1x dedicated graphite-web for unique access point for any dashboard tool
b) 2x relay hosts running carbon-relay only
c) 2x storage hosts running carbon-cache (and graphite-web) only

The intention of this deployment design is as follows:

- any node sends datapoints metrics to one from defined relay hosts,
- this relay hosts know about all (currently 2) storage nodes and using consistent-hashing distributes datapoints among them,
- storage node with 'MAX_UPDATES_PER_SECOND = 50' and 'MAX_CACHE_SIZE = inf' saves datapoints to whisper database

The issue I am facing is that mostly in each graph there are missing latest datapoint from some metrics.

My dashboarding tool (Grafana) is asking the graphite-web node (a) which is aware of all carbon-cache (storage) nodes defined in CLUSTER_SERVERS directive of local-setings.py.

What could be the reason of missing data? I assume there should be at least datapoints from all metrics up to some time but not in spread for i.e. 5 minutes.

Thank you for your ideas and help, regards .zp.