[Question #248170]: Strange graphite Y axis values with statsd

I've got a statsd counter used to record each time certain events happen. It seems like statsd and ultimately graphite are receiving the messages just fine, but I'm getting weird fractional Y axis value:

http://i.imgur.com/hCCDU5A.png

I'm always incrementing by 1, so I'm expecting the Y axis to be 0 to some arbitrary integer instead of 0 to arbitrary fractional values.

Any ideas? This seems like super weird behavior.

Here's my storage-schemas.conf:

# Schema definitions for Whisper files. Entries are scanned in order,
# and first match wins. This file is scanned for changes every 60 seconds.
#
#  [name]
#  pattern = regex
#  retentions = timePerPoint:timeToStore, timePerPoint:timeToStore, ...

# Carbon's internal metrics. This entry should match what is specified in
# CARBON_METRIC_PREFIX and CARBON_METRIC_INTERVAL settings
[carbon]
pattern = ^carbon\.
retentions = 60:90d

[stats]
priority = 110
pattern = .*
retentions = 10:2160,60:10080,600:262974