Re: [Question #248242]: Graphite shows “None” for all data points even though I send it data [metric created, data ignored]

Jakub Holy confirmed that the question is solved:
SOLUTION

So @jlawrie at StackOverflow lead me to the solution. It turns out the
data are actually there but are aggregated to nothing, the reason is
double:

1.    Both the UI and whisper-fetch show data aggregated to the highest precision that spans the whole query period, which defaults to 24h. I.e. anything with retention < 1d will never show in the UI or fetch unless you select a shorter period. Since my retention period for 1s was 30min, I'd need to select period of <= last 30 min to actually see the raw data at the highest precision being collected.
2.    When aggregating data (from 1s to 1min in my case), Graphite requires by default that 50% (xFilesFactor = 0.5) of data points in the period have value. If not, it will ignore the existing values and aggregate it to None. So in my case I'd need to send data at least 30 times within a minute (30 is 50% of 60s = 1min) for them to show up in the aggregated 1-min value. But my app only sends data every 10s so I only have 6 out of the possible 60 values.

=> solution is to change the first precision from 1s to 10s and remember
to select a shorter period when I want to see the raw data (or extend
its retention to 24h to show it by default).